Well, this is a bit awkward. As you can see from our article’s featured image, IASIP is actually on Netflix. And no, that’s not an old screenshot – we just took it a few minutes ago.
What gives, then?
Here’s what’s going on: Netflix has IASIP, but you can’t watch it in any country. Right now, it seems like this show is only available to stream in the UK.
How do we know?
Simple – we used StreamCatcher from ProPrivacy to find out what the title’s availability is. If you haven’t heard of it, it’s an online tool that uses VPN servers to find out where Netflix shows and movies are available.
We’ll tell you why only Netflix UK has this title, and show you how to easily and quickly unblock it anywhere in the world.
Why Isn’t IASIP on Netflix Worldwide?
Netflix was probably only able to license IASIP in the UK. As in, they only managed to buy licensing rights from the copyright holders for that country.
That’s hard to say. But we think it’s because Netflix’s competitors already bought the rights for other regions. For example, in the US, you have to use Hulu or Amazon Prime Video to stream IASIP.
Another reason might be that Netflix didn’t want to buy rights for other countries. Maybe they didn’t think it’d be a profitable investment (there wasn’t enough demand in certain countries). Since they invest a lot of money in licensed content, they need to make sure they see a positive ROI off of every investment.
So, since Netflix can’t legally stream IASIP worldwide, they geo-block it to make sure only users in the UK can watch this series on their platform.
Can You Bypass Netflix’s Geo-Blocks to Watch IASIP?
Yes. All you have to do is use a VPN – software that unblocks content for you by hiding your IP. Basically, it sends your Netflix traffic through a server that sits between you and the site. That makes Netflix think your traffic is coming from the VPN instead of your device.
Because of that, Netflix thinks you’re physically located in the country the VPN server is located in. If it’s in the UK, Netflix will grant you access to the UK content library.
From there on, all you need to do is look up IASIP on Netflix, and it will show up for you.
How Do You Use a VPN with Netflix?
It’s simpler than you’d think. For starters, you need a VPN subscription. Once you have it, you’ll download the right app for your device from your VPN account’s dashboard.
Next, you follow the app’s setup instructions to install it. Then, you search for “UK” in the app’s server list, and connect to a server.
All that’s left now is to search for IASIP on your Netflix account and watch it.
Can You Unblock IASIP with a VPN on All Devices?
Probably yes. Most of the top VPNs have apps for pretty much all platforms: Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android. Some of them even have apps for smart TVs.
What’s more, you can also set up the VPN on your router. That way, every single web-connected device in your home will use a VPN connection (its traffic goes to the web through the router). For example, you could unblock IASIP on your PS4 or Xbox One.
Does Netflix Know You’re Using a VPN?
It might. If your VPN doesn’t refresh its IPs very often, the site will detect and block them. Netflix probably has access to proxy and VPN IP databases, and uses automated scripts to blacklist them.
Will anything bad happen if Netflix detects your VPN?
Not really. You won’t get in trouble or have your account suspended. But you will experience something annoying – the Netflix proxy error.
You can see it when you look for IASIP, when you’re loading the next episode, or even while you’re in the middle of an episode.
If you ever see the proxy error, try this:
- Connect to a different server (ask your provider which one to use).
- Restart your VPN app or the VPN connection.
- If your VPN app is outdated, run the latest updates.
- Unblock Netflix using incognito/private mode.
- Try using a dedicated IP address (it will probably cost extra).
Why Are My Netflix Speeds Slow?
It’s because VPNs slow down your speeds. It’s due to the encryption and the distance between you and the server. The stronger the encryption is, the thicker the data packet. And the further you are from the server, the more it takes data packets to reach their destination.
There’s not much you can do about the distance. You will have to use a VPN server in the UK since you need an UK IP address to unblock IASIP. However, you can improve your VPN speeds by using other methods:
- Downgrade the encryption (if the provider lets you do that). Instead of AES-256, use AES-128 bit. You get powerful security anyway, but slightly faster speeds.
- Don’t use OpenVPN. Instead, use a lightweight protocol like WireGuard, IKEv2, or L2TP/IPSec. You’ll get much faster speeds with them. With OpenVPN, we generally experience a 40-50% speed reduction on average. With WireGuard, we only get a 10-15% slowdown.
- If possible, use a wired connection instead of WiFi. That way, poor WiFi signals can’t slow down your VPN speeds.
- If your VPN has split-tunneling, use it. With it, you can make the VPN only encrypt Netflix traffic, and ignore the rest of your data. You should get better speeds since there’s less data to encrypt, decrypt, and route.
- Turn off background web-connected apps you’re not using – like a torrent client, VoIP app, or messaging app.
The Bottom Line
IASIP is on Netflix. It’s just not available worldwide. Instead, you can only watch it in the UK. If you’re from a different country, you’ll have to use a UK VPN server to unblock the title. If you know other unblocking methods, please let us know.