When it comes to the latest trends in technology, Google is always up to date. With the introduction of more and more fantastic features in Google’s AI Assistant, the app is now on par with or can even be considered better than its competitors such as Apple’s Siri, Microsoft’s Cortana, and Amazon’s Alexa.
Google Assistant made its debut appearance in Allo and then became very popular with the release of the Pixel. Now, there’s good news for android users. Google Assistant is all set to roll out to other Android phones that run on Marshmallow or above. Soon it will make its way to more and more android devices. As of now, you can download the app on androids, having Marshmallow or Nougat or Oreo from the Play Store. Getting Google Assistant on a non-Pixel phone is not very easy if you want to keep the Stock ROM for Android, but it’s a convenient app if you’re using a custom ROM.
Recently, Google has made improvements in the platform by introducing a raft of attractive features. If you have downloaded Google Assistant on your phone, here are some of the best features of the app that you should know about:
- Latest News And Weather Updates – While you are enjoying your breakfast, wouldn’t it be nice to have the morning news read out to you? Simply say “Listen to news” and Google assistant will read the latest news from your customized news sources. The app will also get you the current or long-term weather forecasts of your city as well as the weather details of a place you may want to visit.
- Open Apps With Your Voice – With Google Assistant, you can access third-party apps using your voice. This feature is very useful if your hands are not free or if your phone is loaded with tons of apps and you don’t have the patience to scroll through each to find the one of your choice.
- Play Music – Google Assistant is a great tool to find and play the music you love. The app uses YouTube and Google Play Music by default to fulfill your requests. For a specific artist or song, you’ll be directed to YouTube while genre specific requests are carried out via Google Play Music. All you should do is ask Google Assistant to “Play Music” and get the party going.
- Calls And Text Messages – You can use Google Assistant to send text messages and make calls hands free, which is a handy feature when you are driving. Since the app has access to your phone contacts, you can text or call them by specifying their name. Although not so perfect, Google Assistant can also be used to locate emails in your Gmail account.
- Translation – With Google Assistant, you can translate phrases or words from English to any other language supported by Google Translate. The app not only provides the written translation but also renders an audio translation of the word or phrase.
Google Assistant provides so many other features that will help get almost all your jobs done easily and conveniently. To get the most out of the app, you’ll need to get familiarized with its various settings and features. The future years are sure to witness a boost in AI technology and apps like Google Assistant will take the user experience to a whole new level, probably something which we can’t even imagine now.