JEE stands for Joint Entrance Exam which is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). It is conducted for admission in undergraduate programs like B.E/B.TECH and B.ARCH/B.PLANNING at IIT, NITs, and many other Institutions funded by State Governments and other centrally funded Technical Institutions (CFTI). JEE Mains is the first step towards qualifying for JEE Advanced depending on which admission will be taken into consideration for specific programs offered at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT). It is not only one of the prestigious exams to crack but also a stepping stone towards a great journey for the aspirants where they will get an ample number of career opportunities once they are through with the process and graduate soon after. Many may find it hard to even keep up with the pace of the syllabus but, once you have an agenda and unshakeable discipline then the goal is not so far as it may seem at the beginning of the preparation.
JEE Main is usually conducted in two different sessions with a gap of about 6 or more months in general. Moreover, it can be a tough nut to crack this examination and reach the cut-off or score above the cut-off margin. Without well-structured planning and preparation, students may fall into the trap of being under confident while solving the question paper and ending up being left out of the race. This exam is conducted every year. Thus, it is highly recommended to prepare beforehand and avoid any distractions in the way with much-needed focus and dedication towards the complete syllabus. In this article, we have enlisted some important tips that will help the students who are planning to prepare for the upcoming JEE examination. With these quick tips, you will be able to manage your resources well before the exam with adequate time for revision and appearing for exams without getting stuck in your mind.
Preparation Tips that will make sure you are well prepared for the JEE mains exam.
- First and foremost, it is an absolute requirement to have a well-structured plan to study with specific timelines set up by you for better discipline. It is suggested to go through the whole syllabus for reference to proceed with your timetable and study material required for the preparation.
- Secondly, you need to be academically strong along with good analytical skills. Even if you are not confident enough to identify whether you are having these skills or not, it is ok to not know. Furthermore, the most important thing to do is to make sure you focus on your weaker points and try to practice the routine that will help you improvise on those skills. Focusing and mastering the concepts that bother you the most, will remove any fears that may haunt you while attempting the examination.
- To prepare well in advance, it is important to learn the time-management skills while you start preparing for JEE mains. Without a proper schedule, you will fall short of time soon after. Thus, it is necessary to manage your time in such a way that there is no distraction while you study at a particular time. The more you practice being on time while answering the questions frequently, the easier it will get for you to jump on to the next questions that may take a little longer to solve in particular.
- Students who are preparing for any exam including JEE, it is suggested to focus on exam-taking strategy and situational intelligence. These are the skills that will help you with a better understanding of various topics with in-depth knowledge. This is the sure-shot way to handle all sorts of questions that many students may find tricky at first. This gives you a competitive edge over others to score well in the JEE exam.
- Another step is to focus on the most important topics rather than choosing the topics randomly. Also, it is best to prioritize the important topics according to their weightage and pattern. This will allow you to perform better in the real-time examination as you will be aware of which questions need to be solved on a priority basis.
- If you don’t want to waste your time wondering why you couldn’t finish the whole syllabus schedule well in advance, then, it is suggested to plan your every day ahead once you start preparing for the JEE mains. This will help you become more organized with your study material and other resources which is important for acing the exam with flying colors. You can also download the JEE Main 2020 Question Paper PDF for better practice and an in-depth idea of the exam pattern.
- We all know that practice is the key to success therefore it is of utmost priority to practice the questions while going through the topics. Not enough explanation is needed to solve a particular type of question. This will help you understand the topics in-depth.
- The most important tip is to take tests after completion of each topic. This will help you get a hold of the concepts and this will ultimately lead you to master the topics with effective learning.
- The Last tip is the ultimate savior which focuses on revision. The more you revise each topic, the easier it will get for you to explain those topics in your unique ways. This will also enhance your answering skills as well as your logical skills.
- Always conclude by taking mock tests and previous years’ question papers. It gives a clear picture of how the questions can be formed. Different topics are covered with different types of questions in comprehensive ways. If you practice daily, you will be able to overcome the fear of exams.
When it comes to JEE, all the syllabus needs to be considered. It also aids the students in the pressure of taking a real exam with higher chances to get good grades.